Saturday, March 5, 2011

The tooth fairy


 I had to tell my sweet little 7 year old that there was no tooth fairy. It was about a week ago I had just picked him up from school. He said " mommy is there really a tooth fairy" I always told myself that when he asked the question I would tell him the truth. So I said "are you sure you really want to know ?" and he said "yes" so I told him the truth. It was not at all how I imagined I would tell him (driving in the car).  I remember when my mom told me about the tooth fairy and then I asked well is there Santa? the Easter bunny? and I was completely heartbroken to find out that none of these were true. I was waiting for the dreaded question "is Santa real?" Well he didn't ask and he was completely ok with the fact that the tooth fairy isn't real. So I thought I would have a year or so at least until he asked me about Santa. I was WRONG it took him about a week but he put two and two together and came up to me and said " mommy so if the truth fairy isn't real is Santa real?" My heart was broken because I knew I couldn't lie to him and so I asked him "do you really want to know?" and he looked at me with a grin and sad "NO"  hahaha thank you Jacob I don't think I am ready to tell him about Santa  :)




0 comments: